Information We May Collect
We (and our authorized service providers) collect information supplied by you via the Website, other websites operated by us or any of our Website customer service channels including without limitation on the phone, via email, during Personal Shopping visits or via our Live Chat feature (where available). We and such service providers also collect information when you visit our Website, other websites operated by us or from third parties authorized to share your information with us. We and our authorized service providers may collect some of this information even if you are not a registered user or do not place an Order. This information may include:
Contact and personal details such as: name, delivery address, phone number, email address, billing and payment information, date of birth, gift recipient details, gender, nationality and Personal Shopping preferences Website statistical information such as: your location, the URL you use to access the Website, browser or device type/unique fingerprint, your computer’s IP address and domain type, which pages you visited, search terms you entered, items you clicked on
Transactional information such as: Orders you placed, items you purchased, date and time of Order as well as Orders you decided not to complete or items you placed in your basket and discarded, preferences you have indicated to us, requested personalization of items
- Information from third parties such as: couriers, payment providers or through the Amber Program
- Information you supply to us via online or offline surveys, competitions or product registration
- Please note that your full payment card details are captured only for the purposes of processing your transaction and are not stored, sold or rented by us. Your full payment card details are not available to our staff. All card transactions are managed by trusted, certified and legally authorized partners who are responsible for ensuring that your payment details remain secure during the payment process.
- Where you provide the information of a third party to us, you are confirming that you have their consent to do so.
Our Website uses first party cookies (very small files that are sent by us to your computer or other access device) and other similar technologies which we can access when you visit our Website in the future. We may also use third party cookies.
There are five types of cookies:
1.Website Functionality Cookies
These cookies enable you to browse the Website and use our features such as shopping baskets
2.Website Analytics Cookies
We use these cookies to measure and analyse how our customers use the Website. This allows us to continuously improve our Website and your shopping experience.
3.Customer Preference Cookies
When browsing or shopping online, the Website will remember your preferences (for example your user name, language or location). This makes your browsing experience simpler, easier and more personal to you.
4.Targeting or Advertising Cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts relevant to you. In addition, they limit the number of times you see an advertisement, as well as helping us measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. To personalise your shopping experience, we are also using advanced technology without cookies to provide you with a safe and personal experience.
5.Third-Party Service Provider Cookies
We may work with third party companies whom we authorize to place third-party cookies, web beacons, or similar technologies for storing information on the Website. These service providers help us to provide you with a better, faster, and safer experience. These service providers may use these technologies in the ways described above and in addition may help us and you to avoid fraud.
By using our Website you agree that we and they can place these types of cookies on your device and access them whenever you visit the Website or other websites operated by us.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Website.
How We Use Information
We (and/or the entities or companies listed in the “Who may we share information with” section below) may use your information including for the following purposes:
- For any purpose associated with the processing or fulfillment of your Order or to provide any service you request from us
- To verify and execute financial transactions you make through the Website, including procuring credit checks or performing fraud detection
- To assist you with your customer service queries or provide information you have requested
- To manage your account
- To provide you with a personalized or improved shopping experience
- For analytical or statistical purposes
- For marketing purposes including communicating promotional information about us, our partners and our websites, through newsletters and re-marketing ads. This is subject to whether you have opted out of receiving such communications
- To improve our service offering or Website
- To combine it with information we already hold lawfully through other sources
- To protect our rights, safety or the safety of others including for fraud prevention
- For any purpose required by law or regulation
- We may offer a Live Chat feature to assist you with queries you may have. Where available we may record and store all chat conversations. These transcripts are only accessed for customer service purposes.
Who May We Share Information With
We may share your information with any of the following:
- Our group companies
- Carefully selected third parties with whom we have a relationship and who may contact you or utilize your data only for reasons pre-agreed with us, including marketing
- Service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as: payment processing, information technology, Website maintenance, surveys and market research, warehousing and logistics, couriers, advertising and marketing or any service required to process your Order
- Our professional services providers such as: legal, audit, financial and insurance advisers
- Any assignee, successor operator or prospective purchaser of the Website or of us
- Any legal, regulatory, law enforcement, government or municipal bodies
- Any gift recipient or provider of any warranty in relation to your Order